Not a potty dance at all


The ophthalmologist said I am in the clear. My eye and the top of my head still hurts, but not terribly much.

I have been off Zoloft for two or three months now, and am hopefully done with the worst of the withdrawal symptoms. Peggy was initially happy that I can enjoy music again, but she hadn’t counted on how different our tastes had become. I like reggae and other forms that I don’t even know the names of. Yesterday, I was dancing to American Indian music while I worked on a project, and either the music or my dancing drove her from the house. She says my every dance looks the same, and that they all look like a potty dance. Since I am part Indian, I argued that this is just how “my people” dance, and I threaten to report her to the authorities for committing a hate crime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Zoloft does work better on women then men....Never had withdrawls from it...But glad you got ur groove back.

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Snowbrush said...

I didn't know that about Zoloft. I've taken Elavil (years ago when the tricyclics were all there was), Prozac, Wellbutron...maybe that's all. The Zoloft worked best, but after being on it for years, I just decided I had had enough. I suppose I get more depressed now, but it's not a night and day difference.

When I was on it, I no longer felt very shy. When I went off it, I feared the shyness would return, but it never did. I don't know why, although I think age worked in my favor. I really felt that I had had enough of being shy so giving up shyness felt like a decision that was made out of readiness. I literally decided that I didn't need to be that way anymore.